Sunday, February 26, 2012

Actresses I could do without / Demi Moore's half-brother beats woman in head with telephone book

This just in from the U.K.'s Daily Mail: Demi Moore's half-brother is a Texas lunatic who once used a telephone book to beat his fiancee in the head for an hour.

Don't take my word for it. The story is here.

He's serving a 10 year jail sentence. Yikes.

The article says it's unclear how close he is to Demi Moore, even though they share the same father. It's not difficult to drop your seed left and right, so "half-brother" can mean anything ... a product of a one-night stand, for instance. But part of me isn't surprised that her blood relative is a yucky yuckster.

Demi Moore is toward the top of the list of celebrity females I could do without. You know you have your own list going -- people who are famous and celebrated for their beauty that just leave you cold. Like, "She's famous?? Why??"

She's all skeleton bones and angular jaw and her characters are always pissy and manly and conniving and bitchy. Demi Moore as G.I. Jane, a female Marine, tougher than the tough guys... Demi Moore as a corporate executive, tougher than the tough guys... That's not attractive to me, sorry.

My list would include Demi Moore, Kirsten Dunst, and Snoop Dogg. Snoop is not an actress but I dislike him so much I'm going to put him on my list anyway. The guy looks like something sleazy that just crawled out of jail. When people say, "Our young men have no rolemodels except the negative ones they find in rap music," I envision Snoop as the person they are talking about. And I kinda like rap (not all of it, but some of it.).

What actresses would be on your list of celebrity women who really shouldn't be celebrities? My girlfriend just said "Jennifer Aniston." I think Aniston is severely over-rated (sexiest woman alive? no way) but still kind of cute and well-meaning while being boring. She plays the same character over and over but so do most celebrities, so I forgive her. She is not on my list. I'm sure she's relieved.

No comments: